telos Tracii XL – I2C High Speed Interface for USB
Tracii XL is the outstanding I2C Adapter featuring the I2C high-speed specification running the I2C bus with up to 2 Mbit/s. Additionally Tracii XL can work as an I2C monitor.
The Tracii XL comes with the listed Basic Features. The other options are sold separately.
- Basic Features
- Tracer Option
- Analog Option
- High Speed Option
- Labview Option
- Platform Support
- Versus Tracii XL 2.0
- High-end I2C Interface.
- I2C master-mode including multi-master.
- All I2C transfer and address modes are supported, of course.
- All features are
software controlled, no jumpers need to be set.
- Supports the I2C modes standard and fast-mode. Controllable I2C transfer speed of 183 bit/s to 1000 kbit/s.
- The additional high-speed mode with up to 2 Mbit/s is a separate option.It works for I2C Master and I2C Tracer operations. The I2C Slave does not feature the high speed mode.
- SMBus master (quick command, send/receive/write/read byte, write/read word, command process call,block
write/read/write-read with PEC)
- 7 and 10 bit addressing
- Variable termination: 992 .. 10040 Ohm with 57 steps each 158,73 Ohm/no termination.
- Optional 270 Ohm termination for boosting SCL according to the HS specification.
- I2C bus voltages from 1.2 V to 5.5 V.
- Adjustable I2C levels from 10 to 90%.
- Future-proof product: Firmware is completely downloaded via USB.
- I2C Slave: I2C RAM Emulation (256 bytes, slave address configurable).
- All options are software-enabled. So you may upgrade the product by getting a special key permanently enabling the feature.
- All features as I2C master, digital- and analog-tracer are running simultaneously on a single Tracii XL supposed these options are enabled, of course. I2C slave and master cannot be used simultaneously.
- Plug and Play interface.
- No ROM onboard, i.e. firmware can be updated for future requirements.
- Multiple Tracii XL, Tracii XL 2.0, Connii and Connii MM 2.0 units can be connected to one PC.
- IRD (I2C Register Description) support
- I2C Flasher included for free
- TCP/IP Network support ( I2C via Internet)
- USB 1.1
- TWI bus support
- ESD protected, IEC compatibility according toEN61000-4-2 (ESD) Air – 15 kV, contact – 8 kV
EN61000-4-4 (EFT) 40 A – 5/50 ns
EN61000-4-5 (Surge) 12 A, 8/20 Âµs – level 1 (line-gnd) & level 2 (line-line)
- No external power supply necessary.
- Solid stainless steel case of 105 by 130 by 42 mm.
The Option * features on the next Tabs are options which are sold separately:
- Additional feature: monitoring of I2C bus and SMBus
- The bus monitoring is non-intrusive,of course.
- Tracii XL can be used as a master AND a monitor at the same time with a single unit.
- Time measurement – time stamps – for every byte or event (start / stop condition).
- The I2C Tracer has a 333 ns resolution (independent of the HS option being enabled).
- Different to other solutions Tracii XL is able to monitor long, continuous I2C streams without slowing the I2C communication by stretching the bus.
- Tracii XL continuously sends the trace data to the PC which is processed and stored by I2C Studio in real time. This allows virtually unlimited lossless data capture.
- Read, write and interpret E-EDID, i.e. DDC data
- This option is sold separately, you need to order Tracii XL Option: Tracer Mode.
- Dual A/D converter with sampling rates of 24 kHz to 12 MHz.
- Tracii XL can be used as a master AND, tracer AND analog monitor at the same time with a single unit.
- 64 kSamples are stored per SDA / SCL with 8 bit and max 5,5 Volts.
- Pre-trigger with 0 to 50%, i.e. 32767 samples equal to 2.7 ms at 12 MHz.
- Smart Battery System (SBS) high-level tracer
- For analog tracing you need
Tracii XL Option: Tracer Mode plus
Tracii XL Option: Analog Mode.
- Adds the new I2C high-speed HS mode with up to 2 Mbit/s.
- Controllable I2C transfer speed of 183 bit/s to 2 MBit/s with optional behaviour according to the HS mode specification.
- This option is sold separately, you need
Tracii XL Option: High Speed.
- High Speed works for I2C Master- and the I2C Tracer. A high speed slave is not supported.
- This option enables Tracii XL to support Labview, please order
I2C.Labviewmore details >>>
- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
Tracii XL is available with different configurations. The above table lists the superset. Features are enabled individually. The product price depends on the requested features. You may add new features to your Tracii XL later on without returning it to telos.
Tracii XL comes with an impressive bunch of free software:
Product Comparison telos Tracii XL versus telos Tracii XL 2.0
This product has a sucessor, telos Tracii XL 2.0. Here is an overview on the differences
|Tracii XL||Tracii XL 2.0|
|PC interface||USB 1.1||USB 2.0|
|I2C speedmin||20 bit/s||183 bit/s|
|I2C speedmax||1 Mbit/s||1 Mbit/s|
|I2C speed steps||> 500||> 500|
|I2C high-speedmin||1 Mbit/s||600 kbit/s|
|I2C high-speedmax||3.33 Mbit/s||2 Mbit/s|
|I2C high-speed steps||15||15|
|I2C levelmin||1.0 V||1.2 V|
|I2C levelmax||5.5 V||5.5 V|
|I2C fast-mode plus|
|I2C bus termination||429 … 10900 Ohm||992 … 10040 Ohm/Off|
|… steps||>64, software controlled||57 steps, software controlled|
|Optional I2C Vcc supply||1.0 … 5.5 V [0.1 V steps]|
|I2C slave||3.6 Mbit|
|I2C ADC samplingratemin||78.43 kHz||24 kHz|
|I2C ADC samplingratemax||40 MHz||12 MHz|
|I2C ADC sample deepth||256 k||64 k|
|Time stamp resolution||200 ns||333 ns|
|Maximum trace speed||2 Mbit/s||3.3 Mbit/s|
|Optional analog tracer option|
|Low voltage support starting||1.2 Volt||1.0 Volt|
|Optional analog tracing, sampling rate||12 MHz||40 Mhz|
|Price for tracer solution||base device plus Tracer||base device plus Tracer|
This product comes with a bunch of software licensed for the lifetime of the product. Additionally you get a free service contract. This includes 12 months free support plus all software updates coming
within this period. You may use all this software without time limitations.
- Full Mini-DIN (PS/2) cableTo interface your I2C bus to a hardware with Mini-DIN interface.
- Mini DIN Test ProbeTo interface your lab equipment to our hardware.
- USB cableTo interface to the USB port of your PC.
You may of course use standard cables already available at your lab. The PS/2 cable quality might have impacts on the
signal quality on the I2C bus.