Connii is discontinued as of November 2008.It has been replaced by Connii MM 2.0
Connii – I2C Fast Mode Interface for USB, Single Master
Connii is a small, compact, easy-to-use solution for a PC driven I2C transmitter and receiver. The I2C interface works as an I2C single master device.
This singlemaster behaviour is the main difference between this product and Connii MM 2.0, which is a multimaster. If you expect your application to have more than one I2C master on one bus, or if there will be an I2C slave stretching the bus, Connii MM 2.0 is your choice.
The unit is connected to a PC via a standard USB port. Both I2C modes standard (100 kbit/s) and fast (400 kbit/s) can be selected as speed of operation. The device has two connectors – a standard USB plugin and a PS/2 connector for your I2C bus.
The product comes with the most advanced I2C software package on the market, it is featured by the telos I2C Framework and runs under the sophisticated I2C Studio. Labview VIs are included running different I2C modes.
All the software is for free, there are no hidden fees!
- PC connection via USB bus
- I2C connection via Mini-DIN connector
- I2C buses operating at a range of 2.7 – 5.5 Volt can be attached
- Connii operates as I2C single master
- 100 kbit/s (Standard Mode) and 400 kbit/s (Fast Mode), the actual rate slighly depends on the I2C bus termination.
- I2C master receiver/transmitter transfers including repeated start
- 7 and 10 bit addressing
- I2C via Internet
- Extensive software package including interfaces for C++, C#, .NET, Java, Labview, Delphi 8, Python and NXP’s (formerly Philips Semiconductors) URT/URD.
- Superior Windows application I2C Studio
- Usage of several telos I2C interfaces including Tracii XL / Tracii XL 2.0 at the same computer via different USB ports, thus you can drive multiple I2C buses from a single PC!
- Future-proof product: Firmware completely downloaded via USB
- Compact size: The 68*41.5*27.5 mm sized plastic housing protects the device from damages.
- USB powered, no external power supply necessary.
- TCP/IP Network support (I2C via Internet)
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Repeated start transfers with 10 bit address are not supported
- Neither clock-stretching nor multi-master support
- If you do not want these limitations, please use Connii MM 2.0
- Full Mini-DIN (PS/2) cable
To interface your I2C bus to a hardware with Mini-DIN interface.
- Mini DIN Test Probe
To interface your lab equipment to our hardware.
- USB cable
To interface to the USB port of your PC.
- Tracii XL 2.0
I2C High Speed Interface for USB
You may of course use standard cables already available at your lab. The PS/2 cable quality might have impacts on the signal quality on the I2C bus.
This product comes with a bunch of software licensed for the lifetime of the product. Additionally you get a free service contract. This includes 12 months free support plus all software updates coming within this period. You may use all this software without time limitations.