telos Tracii XL 2.0 – I2C High Speed Interface for USB
- Basic Features
- Tracer Option
- Analog Option
- High Speed Option
- Labview Option
- Platform Support
- High-end I2C Interface
- USB 2.0 High-Speed (low latency in I2C master-mode, higher bandwidth)
- I2C master-mode including multi-master
- All I2C transfer and address modes are supported, of course.
- All features are software controlled, no jumpers need to be set.
- Supports the I2C modes standard, fast-mode and fast-mode Plus . Controllable I2C transfer speed of 20 bit/s to 1000 kbit/s.
- The additional high-speed mode with up to 3.33 Mbit/s is a separate option. It works for I2C Master and I2C Tracer operations.
- SMBus master (quick command, send/receive/write/read byte, write/read word, command process call,block write/read/write-read with PEC)
- Detection of several error conditions on the bus:
Frame- and protocol-error. SDA / SCL stuck at low for >500ms. Loss of termination. Loss of I2C reference voltage.
Not all conditions are detected in any mode of Tracii XL 2.0.
- 7 and 10 bit addressing
- Variable termination: 429 Ohm … 10900 Ohm (64 steps)
- Optional 270 Ohm termination for boosting SCL according to the HS specification
- I2C bus voltages from 1.0 V to 5.5 V
- Optional I2C Vcc supply: 1.0 V to 5.5 V (0.1 V steps)
- Adjustable I2C levels from 10% to 90%
- Future-proof product: Firmware is completely downloaded via USB
- I2C Slave: I2C RAM Emulation (256 bytes, slave address configurable).
Since telos I2C Studio 4.6 even I2C High Speed transfers with up to 3.4 Mbit/s are supported. Since version 4.8 10 bit addresses are possible. More information is available right here.
- All options are software-enabled. So you may upgrade the product by getting a special key permanently enabling the feature.
- All features as I2C master, digital- and analog-tracer are running simultaneously on a single Tracii XL 2.0 supposed these options are enabled, of course. Even I2C slave and master can be used in parallel.
- Plug and Play interface
- No ROM onboard, i.e. firmware can be updated for future requirements
- Multiple telos Tracii XL 2.0, telos Tracii XL, telos Connii and telos Connii MM 2.0 units can be connected to one PC
- IRD (I2C Register Description) support
- I2C Flasher included for free
- TCP/IP Network support ( I2C via Internet)
- TWI bus support
- ESD protected, IEC compatibility according to EN61000-4-2 (ESD) Air – 15 kV, contact – 8 kV EN61000-4-4 (EFT) 40A – 5/50 ns EN61000-4-5 (Surge) 12 A, 8/20 µs – level 1 (line-gnd) & level 2 (line-line)
- No external power supply necessary
- Solid stainless steel case of 105 mm by 130 mm by 42 mm
The features on the Option tabs are options enabled and sold separately:
- telos Tracii XL 2.0 is the I2C analyser for professionals
- With the Tracer Option the device is able to monitore I2C and SMBus structures
- The bus analysis is non-intrusive, of course.
- telos Tracii XL 2.0 can be used as a master AND a monitor at the same time with a single unit.
- Time measurement – time stamps – for every byte or event (start/stop condition).
- The I2C Tracer has a 200 ns resolution (independent of the HS option being enabled).
- Different to other solutions Tracii XL 2.0 is able to monitor long, continuous I2C streams without slowing the I2C communication by stretching the bus.
- telos Tracii XL 2.0 continuously sends the trace data to the PC which is processed and stored by I2C Studio in realtime. This allows virtually unlimited lossless data capture.
- Read, write and interpret E-EDID, i.e. DDC data
- This option is sold separately, you need to order Tracii XL 2.0 Option: Tracer Mode.
- Other I2C tracers are Connii MM 2.0 and Tracii 400
- Dual A/D converter with sampling rates of 78.43 kHz to 40 MHz.
- Tracii XL 2.0 can be used as a master AND, tracer AND analog monitor at the same time with a single unit.
- 256 kSamples are stored per SDA/SCL with 8 bit and max 5.5 Volt.
- Pre-trigger with 0 to 12.5%, i.e. 32767 samples equal to 3.3 ms at 10 MHz.
- Smart Battery System (SBS) high-level tracer
- For analog tracing you need
Tracii XL 2.0 Option: Tracer Mode plus
Tracii XL 2.0 Option: Analog Mode.
- Adds the new I2C high-speed HS mode with up to 3.33 Mbit/s.
- Controllable I2C transfer speed of 305 bit/s to 3.33 MBit/s with optional behaviour according to the HS
- High Speed works for I2C Master- and the I2C Tracer.
- Please take care of the strong requirements on cable length and capacities for the high-speed-mode. It is recommended to prepare your own cable with a very short length. Our Mini DIN Testprobe might not be sufficient if you are running a significant speed and have some capacity on your I2C bus.
- I2C slave supporting I2C high-speed and data exchange with PC. This can be used in parallel with I2C master and I2C tracer.
- This option is sold separately, you need
Tracii XL 2.0 Option: High Speed.
- This option enables Tracii XL 2.0 to support Labview, please order
I2C Labview more details
- Windows XP (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
within this period. You may use all this software without time limitations.
Tracii XL 2.0 is available with different configurations. The above table lists the superset. Features are enabled individually. The product price depends on the requested features. You may add new features to your Tracii XL 2.0 later on without returning it to telos.
Tracii XL 2.0 comes with an impressive bunch of free software: