telos Connii MM 2.0 – I2C Fast Mode Interface for USB 2.0, I2C Multimaster and Monitor
telos Connii MM 2.0 is a small, compact, easy-to-use solution for an USB-driven I2C transmitter and receiver. The I2C interface works as an I2C multi-master device. Thus, it operates on buses with one or more masters installed.
Additionally, Connii MM 2.0 is an I2C Tracer monitoring traffic up to ~400 kHz.
Connii MM 2.0 can optionally power the I2C bus with a supply voltage of 1.8 V, 3.3 V or ~5 V (50 mA max.). The power for this is drawn from the USB bus.
The device has two connectors – a standard USB plugin and a PS/2 connector for your I2C bus.
Labview VIs are included running different I2C modes.
All the software is for free, there are no hidden fees!
- 100 kbit/s (Standard Mode) and ~ 400 kbit/s (Fast Mode). The actual rate slighly depends on the I2C bus termination.
- I2C master receiver/transmitter transfers including repeated start condition handling, 7 and 10 bit addressing
- I2C via Internet
- Extensive software package including interfaces for C++, C#, .NET, Java, Labview, Delphi 8, Python and NXP’s (formerly Philips Semiconductors) URT/URD.
- Superior Windows application I2C Studio
- Usage of several telos I2C interfaces including Tracii XL / Tracii XL 2.0 at the same computer via different USB ports, thus you can drive multiple I2C buses from a single PC!
- Future-proof product: Firmware completely downloaded via USB
- Compact size: The 68*41.5*27.5 mm sized plastic housing protects the device from damages.
- USB powered, no external power supply necessary.
- TCP/IP Network support (I2C via Internet)
- I2C Multimaster: Several I2C master may share the bus
- Simple I2C Monitor. Limited tracing up to 400 kHz (see Limitiations tab)
- Clock stretching detection: A slave may stretch the bus
- Optional supply voltage for the I2C bus: 1.8 V, 3.3 V, ~5 V (depends on USB supply voltage), 50 mA max.
- TWI bus support
- PC connection via USB, supporting both, USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 full-speed transfers
- I2C connection via Mini-DIN connector
- I2C buses operating at a range of 1.8 – 5.5 Volt can be attached
- ESD protected I2C, IEC compatibility according to EN 61000-4-2 (ESD): Air – 15 kV, Contact – 8 kV
- The I2C Monitor does only recognize regular I2C transfers, no I2C error conditions etc. The monitor may stretches SCL, i.e. the SCL line may be held low occasionally. This usually happens for rate higher than 100 kbit/s.
That may lead to problems with master or slave devices that do not support SCL stretching (like some I2C single master implementations).
Tracii XL 2.0 offers a more sophisticated I2C Tracer, which includes time stamps for every byte and error recognition.
- The actual device (68*41.5*27.5 mm plastic housing)
- Software package I2C Framework including all listed components
- Application I2C Studio
- Full Mini-DIN (PS/2) cable To interface your I2C bus to a hardware with Mini-DIN interface.
- Mini DIN Test Probe To interface your lab equipment to our hardware.
- USB cable To interface to the USB port of your PC.
- Tracii XL 2.0 I2C High Speed Interface for USB
You may of course use standard cables already available at your lab. The PS/2 cable quality might have impacts on the signal quality on the I2C bus.
This product comes with a bunch of software licensed for the lifetime of the product. Additionally you get a free service contract. This includes 12 months free support plus all software updates coming within this period. You may use all this software without time limitations.